How to prep for a boudoir session
So you've got a boudoir photography session coming up, but you've never done one before. What do you need to do to be ready for your session? For the most part, you just need to come as you are, and your photographer will take care of the rest, but here are a few tips to help you out:
A few weeks before the session
- If you're planning to buy a new outfit for the photoshoot, this is the time to shop. Shipping doesn't always go the way you want it to, and things don't always look the same in person as they do online.
- Try on any outfits you're planning to wear. Make sure they still look the way you want them to on you and that you're comfortable in them.
- If you're unsure about any of the above things, reach out to me! I know where to get fun pieces at different price points and for different body types, and I also know what will look best on camera.
- If you've got inspiration pics or a playlist of songs you want to listen to during your session, send them my way!
The day before the session
- Stay hydrated! Your body will look and feel better if it's properly watered.
- Take an "everything shower". Shave whatever body parts you like to shave, exfoliate, moisturize. Do whatever it is that makes you feel your freshest.
- Trim your toenails! It's a small thing and isn't really noticeable, but there's a good chance you'll be barefoot in the photos, and clients often forget that.
- Gather up everything you want to bring: outfits, props, touchup makeup, etc.
The Day of
- Stay hydrated again! Drink your water!
- Try to avoid wearing clothing items that will leave marks on your skin, like socks with tight elastic. Got a hair tie that lives on your wrist? Remember to take it off.
- Eat! Some people might think that they shouldn't eat before a session so their stomachs look as flat as possible, but you look stunning as you are and I'd rather you be well-fed than hangry during the session. Your body looks its best when it's well taken care of, so take care of it!